Monday, June 20, 2011

Blogging take 2...or is it 3?

I am going to make another attempt at blogging!  This feels like a chicken vs the egg situation- I don't feel motivated to blog since I don't think anyone is actually reading this, but no one will read if I don't post anything! If anyone is reading this and would like to give me some advice on how to really get established in the blogging world, I'm all ears!

I've been feeling restless lately, watching several of my friends make big changes in their life.  I'm excited for their big moves and relationship changes. Sometimes it makes me wonder if I've made too many safe decisions in life.  Most people were not surprised by my choice of colleges and even fewer were surprised when I took a job at my alma mater. I never thought of those choices as taking the easy way out of anything.  I truly love my school and feel lucky to represent it...but I can see why some might accuse me of settling for what is comfortable.  My job is going through some changes this summer, which I think is adding to my restless feelings. I'm excited for the new challenges but not sure if it will be the change I actually want! I'm sure there will be more to come on that in the future :)

Tonight is my first night staying in a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel- by choice & for work anyways! I never thought of myself as picky when it came to hotels and therefore I am almost always satisfied with what hotels typically fit in my work budget.  That may change now that I've had a taste of something fancier! Fresh baked cookies and complimentary cocktails are quite the treat upon check in! Knowing that I would be here for four nights, I actually brought a bottle of wine in my suitcase (a first for me, not sure if I feel more like a grown up or someone with a drinking problem!).  I'm sure that free cocktail will come in handy later this week though!

Tomorrow is a long, full day, so I should probably get some sleep. I'm due to leave my hotel room around 8am and may not return until after 9 pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment